How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you are?
Thirty-two years ago, I was born in the desert town of Victorville, Ca. And what an adventure it has been ever since. I dont know where I thought I would be at this age, but I'm happy I'm here. Last year I ate cupcakes alone and cried while watching Ryan Gosling movies, a huge contrast to today.
My husband still had to leave and miss my birthday, for the second year in a row, but one year of me being used to this schedule of his has changed how I handle it. Its funny how something like that was almost devasting to me last year (you silly kid) and this time around I just realize how fortunate we are to have great careers doing what we love, our health and amazing life plans in the works.
As I reflect on what I have done and who I am becoming I wanted to create a list of things I hope I can accomplish this year.
32 year old Heather wants to:
- always follow my dreams even if they dont work out, I never want to be the person who doesnt take a chance.
- live the life I want, where I want.. aka getting out of this town in March!
- give more.. even if its only a little time, I want to volunteer or help when I can where I can.
- take time away from all the work I do for 'days off'
- enjoy the hobbies I have neglected over the last few years
- make more friendships online and off.. real friendships, not networking ones.
- ...and a few extras I will make up along the way
Don't worry I plan on sprinkling in more girls nights, cocktails, concerts, road trips, pictures, crazy hair styles, new advendtures (maybe going on a plane?!).. to the list, but for the most part its simple- I just want to enjoy this damn life!
I've noticed this year was a challenge for me in that I've filtered myself in so many ways. With the way I live my life, the things I do, who I associate with, what I write about.. even what I create. I have felt that these things weren't caused by one particular person or situation, but rather myself thinking that I need to be a certain way. I just want to find me a little more this year, I hope to make better decisions that allow me the freedom that I felt when I first started this all. I hope to just grow up a little more personally and professionally in a way I want, not a way I think I need to be for everyone else. Thats my birthday present to myself. Also I'm going to eat a shit ton of sweets today!